Auto repair shops use invoices to provide customers with a summary of repair work. But when those invoices are paper print outs with simple line-items and cost, that can look confusing at best, and untrustworthy at worst.
Transparency within the auto repair invoice process goes a long way. Most customer will feel uncertain about approving expensive repairs if they don't truly understand the need for them. That's why it's up to your shop to foster a trusting relationship by clearly showing customers the issue, and the need for a repair.
The right invoicing system will improve your shop’s workflow, save your team time, enhance your customers’ experience, and provide you with peace of mind.
Here’s how Tekmetric’s Cloud-Based Shop Management System provides seamless shop management that leads to frictionless payment processing:
- A service advisor can create a repair order and dispatch it to a technician to run a digital vehicles inspection (DVI).
- The technician conducts the inspection.
- The service advisor sends the customer a DVI report, which will outline all the findings.
- The customer can approve or decline individual line items on the repair order directly from their smartphone.
- Once the customer finishes scrolling through the estimate, designating the jobs they approve and decline, your shop has the go-ahead to begin the repair(s).
- Once repairs are complete, there’s a digital record of exactly what the customer approved. That way, when it’s time to pay, there are no surprises.
- Once the customer pays with their preferred method, they can look back over the receipt—from their computer or smartphone—and feel confident that your shop did exactly what you said you’d do.
After a job is completed and payment is received, all the details from the invoice and repair order become part of your reports and customer history in Tekmetric.
Tekmetric’s cloud-based automotive invoice software has designed the entire process to reduce bottlenecks, build trust, and ensure that customers know exactly what to expect.
By moving smoothly from one step to the next, your team will be able to boost their efficiency, manage their workflow, and spend the extra time building rapport with customers and getting their cars back to good working order.